How do I configure the wireless channle on RE350?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-16 09:23:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm under the impression that in order for wireless clients to automatically switch to the AP with the strongest signal strength, the AP's need to be configured to use different wireless channels, for instance 1, 6 and 11 for 2.4G. This is not possible with RE350 as it doesn't let me select the channle to use for the extended network.

The problem I'm having now is that in the room farthest away from my main AP which is an Archer C9, the signal strength of the main AP does not seem weak enough to trigger the auto switching - it's usually full bars -1 or -2, very rarely -3. With the RE350 signal strength is full bars or full bars -1. However speed to the main AP is struggling compared to the extender AP. How do I configure RE350 so that wireless clients switch to it automatically when it's the stronger signal? I did some reading online that these two should share the same SSID and use different channels but as you can see no channel configuration available for RE350 in admin console. And the status page shows the extended network is using the same channels I fixed for the main AP - 1 for 2.4G and 36 for 5G.

Wireless clients all support at least 802.11n. Main ones are late 2013 MacBook Pro, Surface Book, iPad mini retina, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone X, Samsung S9+, Samsung galaxy Grand Max.
Options
2 Reply
Re:How do I configure the wireless channle on RE350?
2018-07-17 16:14:36
What's the working mode on RE350?

If you set it work at range extender mode, the wireless channel can be only the same as your main network.

We can only set different channel when it works at Access Point mode.
Options
Re:How do I configure the wireless channle on RE350?
2018-07-17 20:20:33

Bowen98 wrote

What's the working mode on RE350?

If you set it work at range extender mode, the wireless channel can be only the same as your main network.

We can only set different channel when it works at Access Point mode.

It is in extender mode. Is it a good idea to set it in Access Point mode? I don't want to fiddle with an AC and there is difficulty running a wired line to the RE350.

How can I get automatic access point switching in extender mode, or is it purely random?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 733

Replies: 2