Deco M5 stops working after last update.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-21 20:22:45
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Since the last update (1.2.1 Build 20180606 Re. 52910) I have noticed that the internet connection on all my devices fails from time to time.
I have a variation of wireless equipment connected, such as 2 Google Chromecast Audio, several Samsung Tablets and phones
The modem is a KPN V10 Experia box, made by ZTE.
The Deco’s are Ethernet connected in a star configuration, whereby 1 is connected directly onto the modem and the other two via a switch. The one directly connected to the modem is set up as the main Deco

The problem mostly start with slow connection, which intensifies until no more connection exists. Phones then switch over to 4G. When that happens, the app still shows all three Deco’s as being online and working fine. Sometimes everything stops, even the IPTV boxes and only resetting the modem and all Deco’s will solve the problem for a while.

The Deco set worked fine until the last update. Problems started the moment the new software was installed in the Deco's.

The problem exists in Routed mode as in Access mode. I had a problem logged ((25484) but no result yet!
Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M5 stops working after last update.
2018-07-24 10:41:09
Hi there,The same issue just started for me today. My 2 Deco M5 units are brand new and I installed the new firmware (1.2.1), right after plugging my units. First unit is connected to the modem, the second one is in the basement, connected to the first unit via wifi. It worked perfectly for 5 days. Today, the same symptoms reported by pietls started to happen. Either crazy slow bandwidth or no bandwidth at all. I’m correctly connected to the network and my 2 decos are displayed as working fine in the app. Please advise.
Options
2018-07-27 06:25:22
Same issue is happening for me. Star Configuration, 3 Decos.
Options
2018-07-28 00:26:29
I opened a support ticket and Inwas told to disable the antivirus, any created profile and QoS.It made the trick, even after enabling again QoS. The senior engineer asked me to do more tests re-enabling the other features individually and see how the sped was affected.It told me there was an issue coming from the 3rd party providing these 3 features.
Options
2018-07-28 20:58:52
This looks nonsense to me. I had everything switched off and stil problems. When in Access mode,none of the third party options are available!
Options
2018-08-03 21:40:50
Just posted the same problem as supertoket! We upgraded to latest firmware. They worked fine before...
Options