Setting up WPA 4226kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setting up WPA 4226kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Setting up WPA 4226kit
Setting up WPA 4226kit
2018-07-22 01:39:58
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

This is so simple to set up but can anyone clear up what is probably a misunderstanding on my part.

So I have the extender installed upstairs to provide a good solid WiFi connection. It works fine and I get a good 28meg (I'm on Fibre). To be fair I get an OK WiFi signal upstairs from my router but it tends to flicker and drop a lot. So hence going for an extender

However I didnt realise you had to select the TP-Link SSID for the extender to use it. I thought it used the existing WiFi from the router and extended it after cloning. When I walk downstairs with the phone the signal weakens as I get further away from the extender.

Even If I could get the cloning to work does this mean I have to switch WiFi devices every time I move up or downstairs from the router to the Extender and vice versa ?
Options
4 Reply
Re:Setting up WPA 4226kit
2018-07-24 16:05:45
you can set the same SSID and password as your main Wi-Fi on TP-Link extender.

If your devices support seamless roaming, it will switch automatically.
Options
2018-07-24 20:07:06
Thanks.

If only I could log into the app...despite the extender being accessed via the WIFi the app says "no device detected"

Seems to be a bug as plenty report the same.
Options
2018-07-24 21:07:10
Managed to get utility working but it doesnt give me the option to check or change SSID etc. Typing in tplinkplc.net just says I have a problem connecting even though I am connected to the WiFI channel on my iMac TP-Link_47675E and not my router one. Appalling support info I have to say. Cloning via WPS doesnt seem to work either as the TP-Link 47675E still shows up on my WiFi list as well as the router
Options
2018-07-26 16:38:34
hey, you can have a look at this instruction.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-398.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 465

Replies: 4

Related Articles