Deco and Powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco and Powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco and Powerline
Deco and Powerline
2018-07-25 01:53:05
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

This is a pre-purchase enquiry. Can I connect a Deco M5 system to a Powerline (aka Homeplug AV), and then have the same network going throughout the house over the powerlines? The reason for this is that my TV and stereo system need a wired ethernet connection and are not located close to where I would likely put a Deco disk, so I would like to connect them to the network with (non wifi) Powerline adapter. Thanks.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco and Powerline
2018-07-25 14:52:19

gkv wrote

This is a pre-purchase enquiry. Can I connect a Deco M5 system to a Powerline (aka Homeplug AV), and then have the same network going throughout the house over the powerlines? The reason for this is that my TV and stereo system need a wired ethernet connection and are not located close to where I would likely put a Deco disk, so I would like to connect them to the network with (non wifi) Powerline adapter. Thanks.

For everything to be on the same network, you probably want to plug the Powerline into one of the Decos rather than vice-versa, unless you are using Access Point mode.

With that proviso I would expect a combination of Deco and Powerline to work. I am currently using a combination of Powerline and Deco in AP mode .
Options
2018-07-25 17:51:53
generally speaking, they can work in that way. Just like other wireless router and we can also get it work with powerline adapter.
Options
2018-07-25 21:26:45
Thanks. Just wanted to check there wasn't something unusual about the Deco in that regard.
Options
2018-07-26 00:59:43
As a follow up, if two or more of the Deco units are plugged into a power line adapter, will the powerline then be used for a backhaul? And can I then also connect my TV to another powerline connector and have it be on the same network. Thus, my topology would be

ISP router====Deco 1--------------------------Deco 2 ------------------TV----------Stereo ~~~~~ Deco 3

where === means connected by an ethernet cable, ---------- means connected via powerline and Deco 3 is just connected via wifi. Will this work as expected? Also, there is a review in techbuyersguru.com which suggested that the USB-C port would somehow connect to the Powerline -- how can that be? I was just expecting to use a short ethernet cable for this to connect to the powerline plugged into the mains socket.

Many thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 696

Replies: 4

Related Articles