Deco M9 or M5 VPN server feature

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-26 21:08:31
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, any change the Deco M5 or M9 can be used as an VPN server for example openVPN ( NOT talking about VPN client passthrough ect) ? Or if there are plans to add this feature. ??

For example the Asus Lyra and netGear Orbi can do this already .

Thanks,
Mihel
Options
10 Reply
Re:Deco M9 or M5 VPN server feature
2018-07-27 13:43:12
It's said it will add PPTP/L2TP VPN client soon.
Options
2018-07-27 19:24:53
Is there any date for new firmware updates?

I really want some new features like:

- WPS
- Show in which frequency and deco unit some device is connected
Options
2018-07-28 01:59:09
Hi,Where did you read this? Any link to share?So openvpn will be added soon??
Options
2018-07-30 14:06:06

marco.msantana wrote

Is there any date for new firmware updates?

I really want some new features like:

- WPS
- Show in which frequency and deco unit some device is connected

good news:)
the new update will support these features. I consulted tp-link support before about these similar requirements.
Options
2018-07-30 14:07:25

michel.kamp@hotmail.com wrote

Hi,Where did you read this? Any link to share?So openvpn will be added soon??

I guess Bowen also consulted tp support like me.
Options
2018-07-31 00:36:34
Thank, But the answers are still to blurry , Coming soon , is that within 2 weeks , 6 month , 1 year ??? come on guys you all know that 'coming soon' is a sort of cliffhanger . So @ TP-LINK SUPPORT if you are active on this group please share some concrete dates . I am now planning to buy , it will be for now the Asus Lyra or IF you provide a real realistic release date the Deco M9 .

If you want to PM me in private also okay ;-)

Thanks,
Michel
Options
2018-07-31 00:56:19

Thank, But the answers are still to blurry , Coming soon , is that within 2 weeks , 6 month , 1 year ??? come on guys you all know that 'coming soon' is a sort of cliffhanger . So @ TP-LINK SUPPORT if you are active on this group please share some concrete dates . I am now planning to buy , it will be for now the Asus Lyra or IF you provide a real realistic release date the Deco M9 .If you want to PM me in private also okay ;-)Thanks,Michel
The problem is this. Before the update in June, the last one was on November. Very slow firmware update rate.
Options
2018-07-31 13:46:30

Thank, But the answers are still to blurry , Coming soon , is that within 2 weeks , 6 month , 1 year ??? come on guys you all know that 'coming soon' is a sort of cliffhanger . So @ TP-LINK SUPPORT if you are active on this group please share some concrete dates . I am now planning to buy , it will be for now the Asus Lyra or IF you provide a real realistic release date the Deco M9 .

If you want to PM me in private also okay ;-)

Thanks,

Michel

hi, those two features should be added in Aug or Sep. tp-link support mentioned the new release will support those feature last time I emailed them.
Options
2018-07-31 15:16:54

Bowen98 wrote

hi, those two features should be added in Aug or Sep. tp-link support mentioned the new release will support those feature last time I emailed them.

can you share that part of the email ?
So we are talking about :
- VPN server
- VPN client

Thanks,
Michel
Options
Conclusion It is NOT going to be implemented
2018-08-06 19:44:55
so @ Bowen98 and @ Bowen98 how do you explain this answer from SUPPORT below ???

Conclusion It is NOT going to be implemented ! So i will continue to buy the Asus Lyra .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Op Wo, 1 Aug at 8:01 AM , TP-Link <[EMAIL="support.nl@tp-link.com"]support.nl@tp-link.com[/EMAIL]> schreef:
Dear michel,

Currently there are no plans to add this functionality.
Although we can write down which VPN functionality you would like for future reference (such as OPEN VPN etc.).

Met vriendelijke groet,

TP-Link Customer care

TP-LINK Netherlands B.V.
Archimedesbaan 18‎, 3439 ME Nieuwegein
[EMAIL="support.nl@tp-link.com"]support.nl@tp-link.com[/EMAIL]
http://nl.tp-link.com
Online video instructies: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5-saTC8Zglm5I-ZIYd3psfiHxwrWYb0S

Op Di, 31 Jul at 10:18 AM , TP-Link <[EMAIL="support.nl@tp-link.com"]support.nl@tp-link.com[/EMAIL]> schreef:
Dear michel,

Thank you for your support request.

We have forwarded your e-mail to our R&D, when we get an reply we will let you know right away.

Met vriendelijke groet,

TP-Link Customer care

TP-LINK Netherlands B.V.
Archimedesbaan 18‎, 3439 ME Nieuwegein
[EMAIL="support.nl@tp-link.com"]support.nl@tp-link.com[/EMAIL]
http://nl.tp-link.com
Online video instructies: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5-saTC8Zglm5I-ZIYd3psfiHxwrWYb0S

Op Ma, 30 Jul at 7:14 PM , michel <> schreef:

Get help on TP-LINK product(after selling)

Operating System:

Sent Time:

[TD] [TD]
Product Category:
Home->Whole-Home Wi-Fi->Deco
Model Number:
Deco M9 Plus
Problem Category:
Before you buy
Hardware Version:
unknown
Firmware Version:
[/TD]
Windows 10 (64bit)
Internet Service Provider(ISP):
null
Subject:
Deco M9 adding VPN Server/Service feature
Detailed Description of the Problem:
please have a look at my question here ? A lot of people are talking about the VPN server feature add . I want to buy but have to be sure it is released soon. Any help on this ? Also see forum: https://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?110207-Deco-M9-or-M5-VPN-server-feature&p=246173#post246173 Thanks, Michel
IP:
163.158.184.182, 2.21.243.173
Name:
michel
Email Address:
[/TD]
2018-07-31 01:14:53
Options