Improving firmware features

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-28 06:47:14
Wasn't sure where to post this, so here it is.

I have a C3150 v2 and it is an awesome router. I have the latest firmware installed and it works correctly. But it would seem TP-Link product development have no interest or at least don't communicate advancing the features of firmware once stability has been achieved. Does anyone else think this is the case?

I would like real time graphical through put displays for example. I'd be after more "what is my router doing now" type inclusions.

On a local forum a few of us promote the C3150 as an alternative to the ASUS RT-AC86U because we are happy with our product, but it seems the key attraction to the ASUS is the fact you can get 3rd party feature rich firmware. Maybe TP-Link should have a look at the Merlin firmware and see what they can include. I mean the C3150 isn't a low end device and it should be supported in my opinion as a premium router.

Have a read.

https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1205

Replies: 0

Related Articles