Bridge WAN with LAN ports in AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-01 17:10:58
Model : Archer C1200

Hardware Version : v2

Firmware Version : 2.0.2 Build 20180118 rel.38979 (EU)

ISP :

I have a room where I need 5 Ethernet ports and a WiFi access point. Archer C1200 delivers only 4 LAN ports, while WAN port is unused when put in Access Point mode.

The WAN Ethernet port could/should have been bridged with other 4 LAN ports in AP mode. Can you bridge the WAN Ethernet port with LAN ports when in AP mode?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Bridge WAN with LAN ports in AP mode
2018-08-02 16:17:51
don't think it can be work as a LAN port even in AP mode.

try to add another wireless powerline extender with three ethernet ports. then, you can add another two ethernet ports.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/products/list-18.html?filterby=4895&page=1
Options
2018-08-02 17:44:06
Thank you for your reply. Actually, I already have an UTP cable running from the central hub to the room, where I need to connect 4 Ethernet devices and have an WiFi AP.

I solved the issue by adding an 8-port Gigabit Ethernet switch to connect all 4 Ethernet devices + the Archer C1200 configured in AP mode. But the hardware is piling up.

With the good-old DD-WRTed Linksys WRT-54G, I was able to reconfigure WAN port to join LAN bridge, effectively making it a 5-port switch+AP and it covered all the needs for that room. Until I wanted to upgrade to Gigabit Ethernet and AC WiFi.
Options
2018-08-05 20:04:54
Basically, the AP option into a router firmware menu has to put the WAN port to the LAN.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure that works with all the routers like with DD-WRT...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4055

Replies: 3

Related Articles