Particular Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Particular Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Particular Setup
Particular Setup
2018-08-05 22:42:56
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,

I am attempting to set up a particular network arrangement with three TP Link devices and I've not completely got the setup right - I was hoping to find out if what I want is possible with my current equipment - or if I need something else.

My main aim is to have two Access Points with the same SSID in two different locations on the property.

I have the following kit:
1 x TL-WR1043ND
2 x TA-WA5110G
Satellite Modem (Proprietary and supplied by ISP)

I have set up the equipment as follows:

Satellite Modem -> TL-WR1043ND with CAT5 cable
TL-WR1043ND -> TA-WA5110G (1) via WiFi connection using SSID broadcast (using WPA/WPA2 - Personal security)
TA-WA5110G (1) -> TA-WA5110G (2) via [long] CAT5 cable (with TA-WA5110G (1) operating in Client Mode)
TA-WA5110G (2) -> Devices using SSID broadcast (using WPA/WPA2 - Personal Security and operating in AP mode)

If I plug a device into the CAT5 cable from the TA-WA5110G (1) the connection works and internet is available. If I complete the set up as above and access the WiFi from TA-WA5110G (2) I connect - but receive no internet.

I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be using the TA-WA5110G (1) in Client Mode - but I'm not sure if it should be Bridge or Repeater - the manual doesn't identify the type of connection I'm after.

Helpful thoughts welcome!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 224

Replies: 0

Related Articles