Is VPN possible with Deco5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-12 14:54:25
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, please bear with me as I am not a techno and I need answers to be in ‘english’ that an uneducated pc person would understand!!I originally had a TP-Link router that had a cable that went into a vpn router that attached to my sky box only. Everything work well.I now have deco5 so, I attached a cable out of the back of the deco5 and plugged this into my vpn router which then attaches to my sky box. The vpn router doesn’t seem to be acting as a vpn router anymore. Am I doing something wrong ?Do I need to do something different to make the vpn router work as it should?Any help would be appreciated, but please make any answers simple so a five year old can understand!!
Options
4 Reply
Re:Is VPN possible with Deco5
2018-08-13 15:07:40
You set VPN server or client on your own VPN router?
Now, you connect Deco M5 into this VPN router but it won't transfer any vpn statisitcs?
Generally speaking, Deco M5 also supports VPN passthrough and vpn statictis should be transffered successfully.

If you do not connect Deco M5, does your VPN router work normally?
Options
2018-08-13 17:51:17
Hi Aprilcoco, thanks for answering my query. Yes, if deco5 not connected then the vpn router works normally.
Options
2018-08-16 00:57:53
I use deco5 router and yes it connects normally without detaching or relocating any wires at all. I use Ivacy VPN along with the router and everything just works fine.
Options
Re:Re:Is VPN possible with Deco5
2019-06-09 01:20:20

I agree with you. 3rd party VPN software is a good alternative. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1806

Replies: 4