iOS updates not verifying on DECO

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-15 17:27:31 - last edited 2019-07-08 23:06:01
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My Apple iOS based devices are not completing updates when connected via DECO. The Software Update function on the devices (iPad Air2, iPhone 6S and iPhone SE) downloads the update ok, then to "Verifying Update" then "Unable to Verify Update - iOS 11.4.1 failed verification because you are no longer connected to the internet." even though it still is. Downloading over deco, then verifying over the cellular network works for the phones, but is a real pain.

It worked fine before I got Deco. I can't figure out what the Deco could be doing to block this. It still happens even if I turn off all the parental controls, and turn off all 3 of the anti-virus components. I have the latest Deco firmware (1.2.1)

Any ideas?
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Re:Re:Re:iOS updates not verifying on DECO-Solution
2019-07-08 09:14:51 - last edited 2019-07-08 23:06:01

JimK45 wrote

ajharvey wrote

I have not had further problems with this on the last couple of firmware versions.  I am currently running 1.2.8 (Build 20190403)

Which firmware version are you running?   

I am running the same firmware as you. As a matter of interest as suggested in the other reply have you any apps/websites blocked in your parental controls?

I have my filter level set to “Child” for my iOS devices. However, I have not got “pay to surf” blocked, as it caused some problems with Windows 10 updates.  It is possible that this could be catching iOS too...  

Recommended Solution
Options
12 Reply
Re:iOS updates not verifying on DECO
2018-08-20 14:06:21
I've not had any problems with this since I got 3 Deco M5 units at the start of the year. Sorry, not much help I know...
Have you enabled Fast Roaming in the Advanced section? Maybe try turning that off? I had it enabled when they first released 1.2.1 but noticed problems with randomly not being able to connect to my Sonos Play:3 speaker from an iPhone 8, so I turned it off a few days ago.
Options
2018-08-20 15:11:58
i also had a no issue
Options
2018-08-23 06:41:28
Thanks, I'll give that a go - at a quiet time when disconnecting all clients to switch roaming off won't cause too much screaming :-)
Options
2019-07-07 20:44:54

Did any one ever solve this problem as I have suffered with the same problem with IOS updates ever since I have had the M5 system and I’m getting fed up with it although it works well in every other way?

Options
Re:Re:iOS updates not verifying on DECO
2019-07-08 03:35:31

I have not had further problems with this on the last couple of firmware versions.  I am currently running 1.2.8 (Build 20190403)

Options
Re:Re:Re:iOS updates not verifying on DECO
2019-07-08 05:58:15

Turn of parental controles for this device. I had the same issue with my daughters iPhone, after (temporary) disabling this the update went fine.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:iOS updates not verifying on DECO
2019-07-08 06:59:50

Thanks for the information. Each device does not seem to have parental controls, just the owner. My parental controls are set to Adult with only g**mbling and pay to surf categories blocked, surely this wouldn’t block Apple update verification?

Apologies for the asterisks, I’m unable to post the actual word on here

Options
Re:Re:Re:iOS updates not verifying on DECO
2019-07-08 07:06:30

ajharvey wrote

I am running the same firmware as you. As a matter of interest as suggested in the other reply have you any apps/websites blocked in your parental controls?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:iOS updates not verifying on DECO-Solution
2019-07-08 09:14:51 - last edited 2019-07-08 23:06:01

JimK45 wrote

ajharvey wrote

I have my filter level set to “Child” for my iOS devices. However, I have not got “pay to surf” blocked, as it caused some problems with Windows 10 updates.  It is possible that this could be catching iOS too...  

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:iOS updates not verifying on DECO
2019-07-08 09:19:25 - last edited 2019-07-08 09:44:12

ajharvey wrote

JimK45 wrote

ajharvey wrote

I have removed the blocked items and will try again and see how it goes, thanks for your contributions

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2461

Replies: 12

Related Articles