WD my cloud home won't connect on my router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-23 19:37:19
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello I have a TL-WDR3600 router and recently purchased a WD my cloud home unit, the problem is that the unit won't connect on my router and it worked perfectly on other routers I contacted WD support the gave me some instructions in router configuration like UPnP and DHCP reservation I checked everything correctly but still the unit isn't working. They told me to contact my router support and here I am .... any ideas what the problem is?
Options
3 Reply
Re:WD my cloud home won't connect on my router
2021-01-30 14:20:21

@MSwilam I assume you've found a fix by now, but in case anyone else stumbles across this thread, I fixed the problem by going into the "Port forwarding" settings on my TP Link app, and adding 2 rules. The first is to forward TCP traffic for port 80 to internal port 80. The second is to forward TCP traffic for port 443 to internal port 443. Good luck!

Options
2021-04-07 14:53:04

@emmissaire I am not sure if you are able to elaborate on the settings needed to connect the WD MyCloud on the ax1800 router? I have tried all the steps and i still cannot get it to show up in my network places. Thank you in advance! Let me know if you need more information!

Options
2021-04-07 16:06:57

@jb06209 I don't know whether that router has the same app to configure it as the Deco does, but here's the walkthrough on the Deco app and I guess whatever interface you're using won't be a million miles off.

Step 1

Step 2 

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6482

Replies: 3

Related Articles