TL-WN822N Win10 driver installation failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-01 02:18:26
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I purchased a TL-WN822N adapter and installed the driver on my Windows 10 PC.
The installation wizard reports installation complete, but then Windows reports it as "other device" and not a network device:

So I can't use it as network device or search for Wifi networks.
I tried to uninstall and installed few times, also disabled the firewall and antivirus before installation, but got same result.

What do you think?

Thanks, Roy.
Options
2 Reply
TP LINK ADAPTOR 725 W10 problems on update
2018-09-05 22:10:48
Very similar problems. With disc software CD 176A4 adaptor works as defined. However after any W10 update, drivers are deleted and a repair is needed. I've tried latest drivers from site, but same problem. I'm getting hacked off of having to resort to using the the instal disc and constantly repair the install to get on line . ANY CHANCE OF A NEW AND IMPROVED SOFTWARE TO GET ROUND PROBLEM.
MB=ASUS A55BM-E, problem occusr on any update after the initial instqall.
Options
Re:TL-WN822N Win10 driver installation failure
2018-09-08 19:39:34
I have the TL-WN822N version 2.0 (V2) that has no driver for Win10.I'ff u try to use the V4 or V5 drivers that have the Win10,it can not find the adapter,as it is a older model.I do not think TP-LINK will solve this problem soon,i'ff it does at all... But here in Portugal shops still sell those old models.And they need to solve this or get these old models out of the shops that still sell it i find.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1408

Replies: 2

Related Articles