TP-PS11OU Cannot change static IP or DHCP - Will not save configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-04 09:32:06
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey guys.

I've done a few searches and couldn't find the answer so hopefully this hasn't been covered before recently.

We use TP-Link TL-PS11OU USB print servers in our organization and I have set up plenty of these before with no problems.

From the latest batch of these I have two left and neither will hold any IP configuration (via network print server setup wizard). It allows me to set a static IP, subnet and gateway and appears to save to the print server but then simply reverts to the default 192.168.0.10 as soon as the wizard has finished.

I've also tried setting it to DHCP but it does not pick up any IP from DHCP and reverts to the above.

I've tried factory resetting but no go.

This is happening on two brand new out of the box TP-PS110Us.

Any assistance much appreciated.

Thanks.
Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-PS11OU Cannot change static IP or DHCP - Will not save configuration
2018-09-24 02:11:26

peterjack90512 wrote

I have also suffered a lot during the installation, it detected that I had to setup it with a Static IP , I have also changed the WAN Connetion Type to DHCP, but it is not for work. I then reported this on
HP Australia Support
and it solved the entire problem very easily by the instructions.

What was the solution? Thanks.
Options
2018-10-03 06:46:54
OK so I have kind of resolved this. I ended up uninstalling the software off my HP laptop (Windows 10 Pro), downloading it from TP-link and reinstalling it. No change.

I looked out my old HP laptop (Windows 7 Pro) as it had the TP-link network print server setup wizard software installed on it (still the same version 0.96.02).

Low and behold I was able to configure the print server and it retained the IP address and all other network information.

The difference here being Windows 7 vs Windows 10.

Going forward this is going to be an issue for us as I don't want to have to fire up my old retired laptop every time I want to configure one of these print servers.

Any further input on this would be great.
Options
2018-10-22 17:13:59
The most consumer and small business level routers come with a DHCP server enabled. This server hands out and manages the IP addresses on your local network.
Options
2018-10-23 12:23:51
The TP-PS11OU router is not configuring with my Asus laptop. What should I do to resolve this issue? I also try on asus support for the help purpose but did not get any response.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1705

Replies: 4

Related Articles