Router TL-WR842ND can't recognize external HDD & Pen drive

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-04 18:10:32
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Model No. TL-WR842ND
Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 150514 Rel.39242n
Hardware Version: WR842ND v2 00000000

I bought this router because I need to be able to conntect my pen drive and my external HDD to it via the USB 2.0 port it has and exactly this feature does not work at all.
External HDD: WD Elements Portable 1TB
Pen drive: Kingstron DataTraveler 100 G3 Pen Drive 32 GB

When I plug any of them an go to the USB Settings > Storage Sharing I see that the "Service Status" is Stopped, the Start button disabled, below I see "No volumes found" and when I click "Rescan" it does exactly nothing.
My external HDD was originally formated in NTFS, I tried reformatting it to NTFS, even to EXT3, but this does not help. My pen drive is also formatted in NTFS.

The only "service" that is online is the "Print Server" which I do not use.

Do you have any idea if this can be fixed or if there's some kind of workaround, or I shoud return the router to the company that I bought it from?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Router TL-WR842ND can't recognize external HDD & Pen drive
2018-09-12 04:36:56
I recently purchased a new TL-WR842ND router. So, I tried once to connect my pen drive but this router is not able to identify my pen drive. I instantly asked g-suite support about this issue but they suggested me to ask on this forum. So, may I know any solution from here?
Options
Re:Router TL-WR842ND can't recognize external HDD & Pen drive
2020-01-31 15:23:37

@bgdev Top 10 Best 32GB Pendrive to Buy Online in India

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 623

Replies: 2

Related Articles