Debugging speed issues (Deco M5)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-05 17:02:01
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Normally I can stream 3 separate iplayer/youtube video streams concurrently. but some days, I will see a lot of buffering when just one iplayer stream is playing. There is no obvious way to get a handle on whether this is an iplayer issue or a Deco issue.

A possible clue is that the other day I had both my work laptop and my personal laptop on, sat next to each other. The work laptop seemed to have good bandwidth and saw no obvious issues with the internet, whereas my personal laptop appeared to be running at dialup speed.

My best guess is that the laptops were connected to different discs, with my personal laptop connected to a disc with a poor signal. I can't see any way to confirm from the app which device is connected to which disc, so this will remain just a guess unless someone can show me a way to see what is connected where.

Any ideas on debugging slow connections and forcing a change of disc, if that turns out to be the issue, would be appreciated.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1377

Replies: 0