TL-WN781ND V3 Detected in Device Manager but error during driver Installation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-08 20:00:10
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : Philippines

Model : TL-WN781ND

Hardware Version : V3

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-A75M-DS2 (FM1 Processor) - Not working using this PC spec
Dell Optiplex 3020 (i5 4th gen, Win 7 Prof 64bit) - Working using this PC spec

I'm having problems during driver installation. It is detected in device manager but during installation using setup.exe that comes with the CD, the error was "unable to find your adapter".

Tried manual install but no .inf file for V3, so I tried .inf file for V2 but still unable to install.

Tried installing the generic driver that comes in the Win 7 manual installation but still not working.

Lastly, tried again to install V3 driver and press Retry, there are unknown characters that popped-out and said weird things, I can only read the file location and it is saying about devAMD64.exe (see pics attached)

However, it is perfectly working fine when I tried installing the driver and tested the wireless PCI-E adapter in a different PC (Dell Optiplex 3020) with different PC hardware specs and Win 7 Prof 64bit OS.

I'm guessing there's something wrong with the PCI-E and PCI slot but I'm confused because it was detected and showing in the Device Manager.

Can someone help me with this?

Thank you TP-Link community.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WN781ND V3 Detected in Device Manager but error during driver Installation
2020-04-18 18:00:03

@zekepots 

Hi I had similar problems installing TD781nd v3 on an HP elitedesk 800 sff g3 pc running Windows 10.

Symptoms

Installed card: device manager would not even detect the card

Installed driver: driver on cd supllied was not correct (not eu version device manager shows a tplink card but 'not active' or similar) but managed to download from tplink site. (I used an usb wifi card but you coild connect directly to router of needed )

Now card detected but card details in device manager gave "error 10".

Tried changing slot, removing graphics card but same issue. Actually got quite frightening as sometimes pc would not boot at all or gave blue screen. Removed card, tried rebooting a few times and got system up. 

Note: green light at back was constantly off.

I did many things but finally it workes ao I list them here. 

Went to hp site and download software download manager.

In parallel windows update installed some Installs but I believe irrelevant.

Downloaded many HP drivers amongst which various intel firmware and chipset updates and BIOS UPDATE.

BIOS update failed a few times but worked in the end.

I then switched off and reinserted tplink card and it works. Green light flashes slowly when not connected and faster when connected.

I hope this helps

Options