Questions about firmware in Touch P5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-12 04:15:32
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : Ukraine
Model : Touch P5
Hardware Version : TouchP5 v1.0
Firmware Version : 1.0.2 Build 20160108 Rel. 56174
ISP : Kyivstar (ISP doesn't matter here)

Hello. I have few questions. I just bought this router in Ukraine and as I live in Ukraine it should have EU region.
On official website for Ukraine I can see this last version Touch_P5_v1_151013 but I have newer version, as you can see from header.
Also, as I understand on official website for US I can see next last version Touch P5(US)_V1_161221 but it's not supported by my router because of region. Also I can see Touch P5(US)_V1_160108 version and it was made in the same day that my router has.

So the first question: what version of firmware my router has and can I get this firmware from somewhere as file?
Second question: can I use version from US version 161221 as update for my router?
Third question: GPL source code provided by link on page with firmware GPL_Touch-P5_V1 is outdated even from version for 151013 that is last for EU region. Can I have newer version of source code?
Fourth question: This all stuff why i need this - I just need to add few lines to crontab in a firmware. But looks like there is no easy way to do that, because ssh is not working and there is no way how to execute commands on the router. So I've started thinking about creating my custom firmware by changing some parts in image. Is there any easier ways to add few lines to crontab or to have access to shell?

Thanks in advance for any information
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 860

Replies: 0

Related Articles