TL-WR941HP V2 WAN Orange LED

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-13 05:46:23
Model : TL-WR941HP

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 2.0.1 Build 20171225 Rel. 60160 (UN)

ISP : Movistar Chile

Hi, I bought a TL-WR941HP V2 router one month ago and configured my ADSL modem ( ZXV10 W300) in bridge mode. I have a 8Mbits conection speed (ADSL2+). Here is the problem, when I use qBittorrent even with only one torrent, downloading or uploading a file and advance a streaming video, the WAN LED light change white to orange. In the manual the orange led light means NO INTERNET. This problem occurs with desktops connected with utp cable (ethernet), as well as notebooks and phones by WiFi.

Also, I transfered a 8.45 GB folder from a notebook over WiFi to a desktop PC connected by ethernet, to see the performance of the router. It remained at 11 Megabytes / Second as the average speed (the notebook has a 150 N onboard WiFi chip), never any light changed from white to orange. The other, according to the graphic interface of the TP-Link, while doing the transfer on average, its CPU was between 77% to 100% load, with the average as 83%. I also did a speedtest and took screenshots of the resources viewer, which scored 43% average CPU usage.

Screenshots:

The other thing that I noticed is that in the CPU indicator of the TP-Link in the firmware, when it is "normal" in terms of traffic it is generally close to 56% of CPU load, when I run qBittorrent with a single torrent, it goes up to 96% and sometimes to 100% (when is downloading near the maximum speed of my ADSL connection). The other, I limited qBittorrent download connection to 1 Megabyte / Second (thinking that it could be that the cliente passed the limit of the connection of 8 Megabits) and does not solve the appearance of orange light in the WAN TP- Link. I have not tested with more than one PC downloading at the same time to see how the router behaves in that scenario. The appearance of the orange light when using qBittorrent is quite random, it can appear every 3 or 5 minutes, as every 20 minutes again (as I observed in the system log of the TP-Link router). I also did another test, download a torrent and at the same time play a video on YouTube in HD on the same computer. This causes the light to change from white to orange more often in the WAN and of course the CPU load approaches 100% in the router.

I have the perception that it could be a firmware problem, since the V1 model of this router has had several versions of the firmware, instead the V2 (which I have), only one to date.
I tried resetting the modem to the factory state, resetting the TP-Link router, I tried almost everything.

Modem ZTE ZXV10 W300 192.168.1.1 (DHCP On)
Router TP-Link TL-WR941HP V2
192.168.0.1 (Route Mode)
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR941HP V2 WAN Orange LED
2019-01-16 00:18:30
Hi, I recently bought a TP-LINK TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Router. My questions are as follows. 1. Even before the configuration of new device, the "e" LED was blinking orange which suggested that there might be a problem with the WAN connection to RJ45 port. Is this related to firmware issue? 2. It cannot be firmware issue since i did the same process in my neighboring room when the LED stopped blinking. Now i doubt the ISP connection, before i contact them can you please explain what might have gone wrong
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2931

Replies: 1

Related Articles