Archer C9 Cannot Map USB Network Drive

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-15 21:30:44
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a unique situation. I have an Archer C9 router. I have three laptops running Windows 10 Version 1803. A number of months ago I mapped 2 laptops to access my USB network drive. This was prior to version 1803 being installed. To date both units are still able to access the network USB drive. The third unit is a new (refurbished) laptop. When I attempted to map the network drive on the newer unit I could not see the router. I tried to enter the drive location manually (\\tplinklogin.net\volume9) with no success. When I checked the other two units while they were accessing the drive I had the same problem trying to map another drive letter to the network drive. I have tried a number of solutions offered on the internet with no success. I have made sure all items under SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support are checked and added in. (/SMB 1.0/CIFS Client and Server are the only items shown} SMB Direct is also checked. The only thing adding in the missing SMB item did was to allow the other computers to be seen when using browse when attempting mapping a drive, The router still does not show. The router does show in the File Explorer Network. It appears something in build 1803 is causing this problem, Any help you can give me would be appreciated.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C9 Cannot Map USB Network Drive
2018-09-24 01:46:14
Can you get to the drive via pressing the Windows Key and 'R' and then entering \\192.168.0.1
Options
Re:Archer C9 Cannot Map USB Network Drive
2018-09-27 02:39:28
Yes I can access the USB network drive using run. If I try ti map a drive all I can see when I browse is network and a sub entry showing my laptop.
Using the http address in the browse folder does not work either.
Options
Cannot map network drive with \\server\share
2018-10-25 15:22:10
The other TP-LINK router (Archer c7) can map the resource just fine... is this a known issue?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1811

Replies: 3

Related Articles