how to configure TP-WR642G as a repeater

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-26 09:04:32
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

HELLO
Dear, I would like your help in the following. I have a network in my house with a TP-link router model TL-WR841G (router 1 or main), which works perfectly, however I have parts in my house where the signal is very weak or almost nil.
I want to place another router as repeated and I have the TP-link model TL-WR642G has the fireware version VIEW. 4.30 BUILD 5, OCT. 26, 2009
I have read everything about how to install it without satisfactory results. In some videos they tell me the steps to follow to configure it as a repeater and among them it tells me to give the SURVEY option to identify the wifi to which I will connect it, however this option does not exist or is not present in this router
I try to place it manually and when I am going to define the key I can not because to define the type of key equal to the main router that is WPA / WPA2, this type of key does not have the secondary router or repeater.
My questions:
- What am I doing wrong
- There is really the possibility of extending my wifi network signal with these 2 router
- Can you really connect these 2 router only via WiFi being the main one of a model superior to the repeater router?
- Should I configure or change something inside the main router?

Gracias
Options
1 Reply
Slowness in WR642G
2018-10-20 01:53:26
Hi, thanks for reading my case, however I still do not receive help or response, regards
Options