Adding a 1- pack DECO to an already installed 3-pack DECO Home Network.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-03 23:31:14
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I first bought an 3-pack DECO M5 home WIFI system. I installed the latest updates on it. That is function ok.
Now I want to add another Deco and bought a 1-pack.

Problem: It will not connect to my existing Deco M5 Wifi Network.

Can that be caused by a difference of firmware or software ??

All of the Deco's are bought at the End of September 2018.

Kind Regards, Peter.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Adding a 1- pack DECO to an already installed 3-pack DECO Home Network.
2018-10-05 02:32:50
Yes, most certainly

Power of the three updated Decos and connect the new Deco directly to your modem. Create a new network and update the last Deco. Factory reset it and connect and power on the original three Decos. Now the fourth should connect.

pevo58 wrote

Hello,

I first bought an 3-pack DECO M5 home WIFI system. I installed the latest updates on it. That is function ok.
Now I want to add another Deco and bought a 1-pack.

Problem: It will not connect to my existing Deco M5 Wifi Network.

Can that be caused by a difference of firmware or software ??

All of the Deco's are bought at the End of September 2018.

Kind Regards, Peter.
Options
2018-10-06 00:56:28
Take a look into APP, the main mode now is NETWORK add mode. have small link to Bluetooth add. You need use Bluetooth mode. The update is made automatic when add. don't worry about firmware version. Remember never add any other deco with wired cable! Never.

I have 3 networks: 5/4/3 decos and all working fine!
Options
2018-10-15 23:37:39

akewinther wrote

Yes, most certainly

Power of the three updated Decos and connect the new Deco directly to your modem. Create a new network and update the last Deco. Factory reset it and connect and power on the original three Decos. Now the fourth should connect.

Hello Akewinther, thanks for your advise. I'll appreciate that. Regards, Peter.
Options
2018-10-15 23:42:38

leogz wrote

Take a look into APP, the main mode now is NETWORK add mode. have small link to Bluetooth add. You need use Bluetooth mode. The update is made automatic when add. don't worry about firmware version. Remember never add any other deco with wired cable! Never.

I have 3 networks: 5/4/3 decos and all working fine!

Hello Leogz, thanks for your advise. I'll appreciate that. Also, I have another question. I first had a main Deco, wired at my modem. After that I added two Deco's wireless. Everything worked fine. After that I wired my two wireless deco's, because it was very easy for me. Everything still works fine. Is this installation OK ?

Regards, Peter.
Options
2018-10-15 23:49:27

pevo58 wrote

Hello Leogz, thanks for your advise. I'll appreciate that. Also, I have another question. I first had a main Deco, wired at my modem. After that I added two Deco's wireless. Everything worked fine. After that I wired my two wireless deco's, because it was very easy for me. Everything still works fine. Is this installation OK ?

Regards, Peter.

Hello Peter, yes always add without "network cable". after add device on your network you can use wireless mode ou wired mode. just restart device with ou without cable linked on main unit or other unit!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1058

Replies: 5