Three DECO M5 each wired to switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-07 22:03:37
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
New triple Deco M5 just out of the box an hour or so ago. My internet comes in via a Sky router, into a 24 port switch then is distributed (wired) to sockets in each room of the house.
Our house has thick walls, so signal strength is not great, but my purchase of a "mesh" system was to save having to connect to a different wifi point as I wander through the house.
But since every room has a wall socket connected to the 24 port switch, I thought I could wire all three Deco units to this switch and enjoy the best of both worlds: seamless stable wifi and no need to rejig my iPad as I wander.
Not interested in daisy-chaining the units together, but should I only have one unit as the wired one and the other two as wireless satellite units?
Feedback appreciated; thanks in advance.

M. Henning
Options
1 Reply
Re:Three DECO M5 each wired to switch?
2018-10-20 05:20:15
There is a question in the faq about this here: https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1794.html. It shows that you can wire each right into your router instead of daisy chaining any of them.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3541

Replies: 1

Related Articles