T4U finds no wifi on specifiek windows 10 tablet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-08 03:01:07
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I bought a T4U for my w10 tablet with keyboard for better internet connections because the onboard can only see 2GHZ.
When I plug in the adapter the device is found but it only shows a single non existing wifi. The network adapter is online tough. (see screenshot)
It also wierd that the green light on the wifi adaptor doesnt light up sometimes. The latest driver is installed.

Could it be the USB2 port doesn't provide enough power ?
I know the adapter works because when plugging it in into my laptop it works great.
Does anyone have some advice to try ?

Thanks in advance.
Options
1 Reply
Re:T4U finds no wifi on specifiek windows 10 tablet
2018-11-24 19:14:25 - last edited 2018-11-24 19:16:57

If you've got a USB 3 port I'd use that, the T4U is a USB 3 802.11ac card. You're missing out on major speed.

That said, maybe right click the icon in Network and Sharing Center and click "Diagnose".

You might have a faulty unit if the light isn't always on. It blinks if it's sending data over wifi, but if you aren't connected to wifi it should not blink. If that's the case, exchange it asap.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 403

Replies: 1