Archer C9 Brick

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C9 Brick

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C9 Brick
Archer C9 Brick
2018-10-08 05:53:05
Model : Archer C9

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : Archer C9_V1_151125

ISP :

So I've got a C9 that was working fine till being unplugged from mains power. Now it shows all LEDs illuminated for about 55 seconds and then all LEDs off for about 1:30 then all on again. No wireless signal. I get a connection with an Ethernet cable but no IP address is given out. Already tried the reset button but no change.

Tried C9 TFTPD recovery mode (hold reset for 5 seconds after power on)with Ethernet lead and IP address 192.168.1.66 and 192.168.0.66 but get no output from the C9. I'm next to try the Serial TTL TFTPD recovery just waiting on the adapter.

Till then has anyone else ever experienced my C9s symptoms and were you able to recover, if so what was you solution?

Hopefully it's not a perma brick.
Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer C9 Brick
2018-10-10 12:57:25
Did you confirm the settings in the router?Doing your steps will not restore back your settings.
Options
2018-10-12 15:53:00
this model support TFTP recovery from brick, you may try some more time:
https://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?81462-How-to-recovery-the-router-when-you-bricked-it
Options
2018-10-14 19:24:48
Recovery mode TFTP didn't work, USB 232 TTL TFTP didn't work and reflashing the FL128SA1F00 flash chip didn't work. Must be a hardware fault. It's a perma brick so i'm done.
Options
2020-08-18 21:31:50
Experienced the same issue. All of a sudden one morning the Archer C9 v5 router just stopped working and keeps flashing and power cycling on its own. Tried factor reset but no luck. This router is barely one year old. This was my 2nd TP link router in less than 3 years. Customer service is THE WORST. I will NEVER BUY TP Link products. they are POS and their service is even worst.
Options
2020-08-18 21:32:59
Experienced the same issue. All of a sudden one morning the Archer C9 v5 router just stopped working and keeps flashing and power cycling on its own. Tried factor reset but no luck. This router is barely one year old. This was my 2nd TP link router in less than 3 years. Customer service is THE WORST. I will NEVER BUY TP Link products. they are POS and their service is even worst.
Options
2020-08-18 21:34:11

@finalman 

Experienced the same issue. All of a sudden one morning my Archer C9 v5 router just stopped working and keeps flashing and power cycling on its own. Tried factory reset but no luck. This router is barely one year old. This was my 2nd TP link router in less than 3 years. Customer service is THE WORST. I will NEVER BUY TP Link products. they are POS and their service is even worst.

Options
2020-08-18 21:43:31

@finalman 

Experienced the same issue. All of a sudden one morning my Archer C9 v5 router just stopped working and keeps flashing and power cycling on its own. Tried factory reset but no luck. This router is barely one year old. This was my 2nd TP link router in less than 3 years. Customer service based in China or Phillapense is incompetent and on top of that rude. i.e. THE WORST. I will NEVER BUY TP Link products. They are POS and their service is even worst.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1942

Replies: 7

Related Articles