Archer C3200 not routing between LAN ports. How to fix?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-15 04:51:10
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am using my Archer C3200 as an Access Point, like this:

Internet-------wan:mainrouter:lan-------lan:Archer_C3200 ))))) ((((( client devices

[FONT=arial]The wireless side of things works just fine.

However, whereas all the previous TP-LINK routers I ever owned also routed traffic between devices plugged into the LAN ports on the router, the
[/FONT]
C3200 does not. If I plug in my laptop into a LAN port on the C3200 (with a static IP for simplicity), I cannot ping anything on the network. Plugging in the same laptop to any of the other routers or switches on the network works just fine, so I know that it is the C3200 that is for some reason deciding not to route anything between its own LAN ports. Why is that?

My intent was to replace my older TP-LINK router with the C3200, and that router did not have this problem.

Does anyone know how to fix the C3200 so it starts routing LAN traffic? Is there a setting that I am missing?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C3200 not routing between LAN ports. How to fix?
2020-12-22 15:15:31 - last edited 2020-12-22 15:42:34

@vace117 

When u use LAN/LAN u have to disable HDCP on the C3200 and set a LAN IP outside the range from your modem.

When i set it up in LAN/LAN the wifi and the LAN ports work on my Archer C3200.

1. Disable DHCP in Advanced.

2. LAN set LAN IP to a IP ouside the range from your modem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 921

Replies: 1