Orange Fiber + Tplink Archer C9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-17 23:00:37
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello, I am Orange fiber customer in France is also equipped with a C9 archer. To avoid multiplying the number of device I wished to keep only the C9 as a "modem".
Orange was using the PPPoE protocol in the past and had to tag different Vlan for the services to be accessible, something the C9 did well until Orange started to migrate to DHCP and this time it was necessary to tag another one. Vlan and that's where the C9 can not follow.
If I understand correctly they have to change the authentication method by adding the option 90 which corresponds to the orange login in HEX format (I think) and it is also necessary that all the DHCP requests are tagged COS6 (class of service ).

In the end my C9 does not serve me anymore it's only wifi access point: /
My request is simple is it possible to upgrade your DHCP client so that it is more "customizable" by adding an "Ultra Expert" mode for example, which would allow you to use it again. The interface of it is very friendly which that of orange.
Thanks.

In French.
Bonjour, je suis client Orange fibre en France est aussi équipé d'un archer C9. Pour éviter de multiplier le nombre d'appapreil je souahitait ne garder que le C9 en guise de "modem".
Dans le temps Orange utilisait le protocole PPPoE et il fallait tagger différent Vlan pour que les services soient accéssibles, chose que le C9 faisait bien jusqu'a ce qu'Orange commence à migrer vers le DHCP et cette fois-ci il faut tagger un autre Vlan et c'est la que le C9 ne peu plus suivre.
Si j'ai bien compris ils ont changer de méthode d'authentification en y ajoutant l'option 90 qui correspond au login orange au format HEX (je crois) et il est aussi nécéssaire que toute les requète DHCP soient taggé COS6 (class of service) .

Au final mon C9 ne me sers plus à grand ce n'est que de point d'accès wifi :/
Ma demande est simple est il possible de faire évoluer votre client DHCP pour qu'il soit plus "customisable" en y ajoutant un mode "Ultra Expert" par exemple, qui permettrait ainsi de pouvoir l'utiliser de nouveau. L'interface de celui-ci est beaucoup friendly qui celle d'orange.
Merci.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Orange Fiber + Tplink Archer C9
2018-10-20 15:05:04
Options
2020-05-17 00:56:31

Hi there !

So yes Orange use the DHCP Option 90 to auth the connection over the fiber. All of actual TP-Link products haven' t the abilities to initiate a DHCP Option 90 authentification. The are limited to PPoE, L2TP, PPTP and classic IPv4 DHCP.

The only way for the moment is to use a Linux based router which you can edit a dhcp subroutine. Only a few routers today are cheerfully available for that. (Microtik for exemple). All the other ISP are using too this DHCP 90 since the lauch of the fiber (GPON).

They are using each other their proper subroutine to proceed to the authentification on their customers on thir wide area fiber network. So TP-Link must if possible include in their firmwares the possibility to configure the DHCP Option 90 on all their routers.

Otherwise, all theirs routeurs will be out of any interest very soon.

-MR600 -TLWA801ND -TX 6610 -Archer C6
Options
2020-07-23 10:21:54

Hello,

Exact same need for the DECO products line, like netgear did for the ORBI porducts line

Thks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1720

Replies: 3

Related Articles