AC5400X Internet Speed drop by 50% after few hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AC5400X Internet Speed drop by 50% after few hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
54 Reply
Re:AC5400X Internet Speed drop by 50% after few hours
2020-11-21 12:03:32

@mikengail 

Manually configuring the max values for QoS was what fixed my speeds for me.  When relying on the speed-test results, all connected devices had been artificially capped.

I think your finding got way too little attention in the thread. Thank you so much!

This is such a terrible way of implementing QoS, and the documentation around it is lackluster to say the least. Considering the price for a AC5400X, it's a ripoff.

Options
2020-11-23 09:29:09

@Grobi 

Thanks for your suggestion, we will investigate and see how to improve the QoS feature on the routers. While it's glad to know that your internet speed is good after manually configuring the QoS setting on the C5400X.

Options
2021-11-24 20:25:35

@Kevin_Z so even if I'm not using QoS,

and I have Verizon Fios gig,

I need to set it to 1000:1000 in the device priority bandwidth section?

bc it was at 500/500 but QoS was disbaled. Not sure if I was affected or not. I have been experiencing some slowdown of late

Options
2021-11-25 02:33:57

@xrsenal 

Even though you didn't enable QoS manually, there could be still cases that it will set the bandwidth for the network automatically when you running speedtest on the router web UI, and that's why we always ask you to review the QoS settings and ensure the bandwidth is not configured incorrectly as follows:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3069/

If you don't want to manually configure the bandwidth on the router, please try resetting the router to factory defaults, reconfigure it from scratch, don't run speedtest or change any other advanced settings on the router, confirm again if you can get a normal speed by running speedtest on the computer that is connected to the router.

Options
Related Articles