Daylight saving time ended, wrong time in deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-29 04:06:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Daylight Saving Time Ended and clocks were turned backward 1 hour in my timezone, UTC/GMT +1 hour.The kid just came rushing out complaining about no internet access. It took me a while to understand that the parental controls where off one hour (-1h).I’ve been looking through the interface but can not find a way to set the clock right. Can anyone help me and give directions?
Options
10 Reply
Re:Daylight saving time ended, wrong time in deco
2018-10-29 07:29:41
I have the same problem. Can't find any settings to verify timezone or daylight saving settings.
Options
2018-10-29 17:27:53
I had exactly the same experience yesterday evening. Tried to restart the units via the app which did not work. Will try to power off/on later today. It's a shame that there's no time section in the settings.
Options
2018-10-31 02:51:34
I also have this problem - since the clocks went back the Bed Time setting is an hour out and I am also unable to find the setting to alter this.

I have a Deco M5 Ver 1.2.3 Build 20180819

Assistance would be gratefully appreciated.
Options
2018-11-01 16:02:10
I have the same issue. Does anyone have a fix?
Options
2018-11-01 16:05:12
Got this answer from support:

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your feedback.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. It seems winter time didn't take effect as expected on Deco.
We have fixed it on the cloud side and the time setting should be normal now.
You can check it later.

If the issue persists, you can reboot the main Deco for a try.

Options
2018-11-01 23:30:38
No reply here nor by TP-Link support (yet). They have however promised to send me an email when 2:nd line has looked in to it. The reason for this update is that I have found av way to see the systemtime. By doing a speedtest and then pressing the icon in the upper right corner (iOS app) you get a timestamp on your latest speedtest. That way I now know that the systemtime has finally caught up with (my) reality. So now I can set the Parental controls / Bedtime to their old values :-)
Options
2018-11-02 00:39:55
Thanks for the tip. Mine has also now caught up with daylight saving time...
Options
2018-11-02 01:59:09
I tried responding earlier because i have the same issue, but it seems to have been moderated or not approved yet. I'm not 100% sure that the speedtest is showing the system time, because my tests indicate that it uses the locale settings on the phone/device running the test.

See my attached screenshot of the same page, just after changing timezone settings on my phone. But let me know if you can verify that it's solved or not :)

Options
2018-11-02 06:17:51
Same here. Daylight time saving kicked in in Europe in October and we are back with Deco out of sync. Any news from support?
Options
UTC time offset error
2018-11-04 03:27:40
This is happening ot me too. The Decos appear to be stuck in BST and havent' swtiched back to recognising UTC. Pretty basic error and needs fixing.
Options