Question on MAC address handling in Deco P7 mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-31 20:05:32
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,Have a question regarding how devices are handled in the mesh created by the P7 devices:Background:I recently tried to extend my present network based on a Netgear router by adding some other Netgear devices.This, however, does not work as good as expected ( https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/Improve-handling-of-MAC-adresses-and-IP-adress-reservation-in/idc-p/1654743/highlight/true#M1844).In short, the reason is, that Netgear handles devices connected to a mesh device by assigning a "translated MAC address" to the device, that is, the first six digits are changed to something different.This unfortunately had the consequence, that devices identified by their MAC address are no longer identified correctly - including for some reason also some cloud services (e.g. my doorbell from ring.com and my household appliances from Miele) are effectively disconnected due to the way it works.My question is:How are devices handled in the mesh created by Deco P7?Are tp-link using a similar strategy with changing MAC addresses or other strange stuff?Preferably, can anyone verify having e.g. a ring doorbell or Miele devices connected and working the mesh?Thanks in advance,Chr.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1231

Replies: 0

Related Articles