Failed to switch wireless network adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-06-08 01:14:33
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WN723N

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : Talk Talk

Hi.

I have just bought a TL-WN723N Ver 2.2 wireless network adapter.
I have installed it as per the instructions supplied, but at stage 3 'Connect to network' rather than getting the option of choosing from a list of networks I am taken to the Advanced tab where it makes me choose the network adapter.
I do this, choosing the TL-WN723N (the only option available), but I then get an error message stating 'Failed to switch wireless network adapter'!!!

Please help :(

Thanks
Options
3 Reply
Re:Failed to switch wireless network adapter
2013-06-12 21:52:47
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?4310-Failed-to-switch-wireless-network-adapter.&region=china

seen by you already. That's the answer why you can't switch because you only installed one wireless adapter.
Options
Re:Failed to switch wireless network adapter
2013-07-27 13:10:26
Hi guys, did you manage to find a solution? I have the same problem!
Simon, the current state is no adapter selected.

Additional information: I have an internal Atheros wifi card on my HP laptop. I thought it was broken so I tried to replace it with a stick, but sounds exactly like the above situation.
Also, I'm in Australia with a TL-WN821N stick...

Thanks!
Kent
Options
2015-06-30 12:06:20
Ok,

I worked on this all day and got the fix.

I have a TL-WDN4800, I installed the hardware and I used the cd that came with the product, clicked on autorun and followed the instructions by installing the driver and utilities.

No wireless networks would come up. The device manager said all was good.

Windows Server 2008 R2 (Pretty sure the fix is OS universal)

THE PROBLEM IS I did not have WLAN AutoConfig running.

So Installed the service, but it still did not appear to work just magically. I rebooted out of habit.

Then I followed the instructions here. http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-306.html

Mind you! NO wireless networks were showing up at the time.

After I did a "Manual" "Connect to network the wireless networks showed up and I clicked on my 5g network and its all good.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

DL
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 680

Replies: 3

Related Articles