822n driver install problems or incompatible with newer win7 system updates?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-11-03 23:11:30
Region : Greece

Model : TL-WN822N

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : otenet

Yesterday I've just bought 822n. (I used before 721n with my in "universal repeater mode" wn901nd" and I was satisfied. )
When I tried to install driver except from prompting that is unsigned the result was a message that the driver is not installed properly. The device led is working flash on/off with the same tempo -green- and was found as a usb wlan, i can activate/desactivate it from lan settings, and in situation is seemed to work without connected to somewhere and with 413Gbits speed ????. When i try to set ipv4.0 manually it doesn't save ip, and when I disactivate it and activate my old wlan-pci card ip settings where blocked with errors. When I try some settings to configure manually a new wlan I get errors-message, like my win7 had failure to gain access to lan...
I also read from another user who has 822n that after a win7system update, driver and utility cannot response. I missed dosen of hours to solve the mystery. The sollution was system recovery to 10/30/2012 windows last update. Then my w-pci card works and when I plugged again the 822n with newest drivers again driver-error and wlan settings for all devices were stucked. In my portable winxp32bit the 822n works perfect.... . I am very dissapointed... I lost many hours backing up my personal files and ready for win7 reinstall, but I decide to return my stick back to shop and try another company....
I have win 7 home premium, avast, zonealarm....
Options
4 Reply
Re:822n driver install problems or incompatible with newer win7 system updates?
2012-11-05 10:23:19
What a pity! Anyway, if you contact their technical support, maybe there is a solution for you.
If it is a driver problem, you may try chipmaker's driver. http://www.wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WN822N_v2
You know, it works on my PC, the same OS.
Options
2012-11-05 14:30:03
hi, Vagattack, I have the same unhappy experience with you. If your adapter is working in Windows Xp, that means the adapter is working but the driver can not install into your Windows 7 computer.
My solution is remove the third-party antivirus software and than install the driver manually to the Windows 7. Go to device manager-->network adapters and find the TP-LINK adapter. Select Update driver and then select the driver files to update. I do not like TP-LINK utility which sometimes is not quite good with Windows itself. So I enable the WLAN in Windows 7. After that I successfully make the TL-WN822n work in my Windows 7 computer.
[/SIZE]
Options
2012-11-20 06:19:35
Sorry for the delay.... I was busy for 2 weeks so I fix it today.
The solution is the script from member "gmail".
I uninstall both avast free & Zonealarm Firewall free and everything is ok...
I can't imagine that these softwares were the cause of driver install problems...
TP-Link products are best "value for money" products with bad installation apps...

thank u for your time !!!
P.S.to forum administrators =when I "google" tp- link forum I get everything but not this site....
Options
2012-11-22 22:07:12
See your problem solved today due to my busy days recently. Maybe the TP-LINK should mention that the antivirus software will block the driver and remind us to remove it before we successfully make it work. Anyway, we are finally make it worth its money.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 625

Replies: 4