Pc to tp-link without wifi router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-11-04 19:26:04
Region : Greece

Model : TL-WPS510U

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
As i was told by your company employee i can connect my pc to the tplink and print at once without having to go via the router. Ofcourse i was advised not to connect many computers this way to the tp-link as it would probably jam. The issue is that I cannot get it to work even with my one pc. can you please provide me with the steps to do that. I have connected the tplink on my usb printer. I can see and connect the wlan-ps via the wifi connections but i cannot print.. I am running windows 7.

Thank you,

Philip
Options
4 Reply
Re:Pc to tp-link without wifi router
2012-11-04 21:01:24
Ok. So i think i made things worst. I tried to mess around with the utility and i changed the adhoc setting and now i cannot see the print server at all. I tried to reset and nothing. My pc doesnt see the tplink at wireless network connections as it used to...
Options
2012-11-04 21:10:55
Hi Philip, have you powered it off before reset?
Options
2012-11-04 21:20:12
hi Philip, just now, i searched FAQ of TP-LINK and i get the following FAQ:
1. how to reset TP-LINK printer server:
1). Unplug the power adapter of print server;
2). Press the Reset key on the print server and hold;
3). Plug-in the power adapter with the Reset key pressing for no less than 7 seconds;
4). Release the Reset key.

2. how to configure TL-WPS510U working on infrastructure mode through website: http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=242
Options
2012-11-05 18:00:05
Hi Ada,

Thank you for your time and answer.
I will try everything today so i will let you know. I thought infrastructure is only if i want it via the router ...

Thank you,
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2311

Replies: 4