Download Speed higher than Upload Speed ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-11-08 15:50:22
Region : Romania

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : RDS

Hi. I have a small problem. First of all, my Wi-fi card is an Intel Centrino 130N. When I connect to the Internet directly, the speeds I get are: DL: 11 MB\s and UL: 9 MB\s. (I know the difference between MB and Mbits). Although, when I'm connected through wireless, I get: DL: 3.4 MB\s and UL: 4.7 MB\s.
First question: how do I get my DL speed to be higher than the UL speed in wireless mode ? I read somewhere I have to disable QoS and WMM, but I simply can't find that option in the router's settings. Any ideas ?
Second question: even if I am in the same room as my router, when I check the status of the wireless connection, the maximum speed is 72 mbps. Should that be 130 mbps, as I run it in N mode, not G? Any ideas on how to improve that ?
I have Win 7 and all the latest drivers and everything.
Thanks in advance :).
Options
3 Reply
Re:Download Speed higher than Upload Speed ?
2012-11-08 16:02:44
First of all, the title should have been Download speed lower that upload speed. :). And I fixed it. If anyone is interested: Enable WMM both from the router and from the Wi-fi card's settings. DL: 5.0 MB\s, UL: 5.46 MB\s. When in the same room, the wireless connection is at 150mbps.
Options
2012-11-08 16:29:04
;)
Options
2012-11-08 17:10:18
By default, WMM is enabled. Isn't it?
Options