Web Interface dies after a few days

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Web Interface dies after a few days

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
56 Reply
Re:Web Interface dies after a few days
2012-11-21 00:31:28
The thing is I have the same issue, except i am on Virgin Media.

The problem is when you reset the box, or if you get a new box it works perfectly, then within 4-6 weeks the same problem occurs.

I am now on Box 2, and the same thing is happening for me, all speed tests on wireless will run at 0.05mb, but directly connected he wired connection runs at the full steady 50mb.

Its driving me crazy - there is simply no explanation for it - thats why box 2 works better than box one, in 4-6 weeks you will have the same problem.

Im on my third reboot today - and quite frankly I am about to ship this one back and buy different brand (I've even had a 2nd Superhub, so I know its the Wireless router at fault - especially as the wifi on the superhub works perfectly fine (albeit really poor range...))
Options
2012-11-21 02:51:25
I'm testing the beta firmware "wr1043nv1_en_3_13_11_up(120905)BETA" and so far, it works great.
See mansaje ADA:
"Contact TP-LINK Technical Support to get a beta firmware. It may be help in your case. I got one from a technician, upgraded it and it runs properly now".
Options
2012-11-21 05:44:37

speedski wrote

The thing is I have the same issue, except i am on Virgin Media.

The problem is when you reset the box, or if you get a new box it works perfectly, then within 4-6 weeks the same problem occurs.

I am now on Box 2, and the same thing is happening for me, all speed tests on wireless will run at 0.05mb, but directly connected he wired connection runs at the full steady 50mb.

Its driving me crazy - there is simply no explanation for it - thats why box 2 works better than box one, in 4-6 weeks you will have the same problem.

Im on my third reboot today - and quite frankly I am about to ship this one back and buy different brand (I've even had a 2nd Superhub, so I know its the Wireless router at fault - especially as the wifi on the superhub works perfectly fine (albeit really poor range...))

Hi Speedski,

I think you have been far too patient. I am not a techie guri but I know what should and shouldn't work to get where I need to be. If this 2nd of router of mine so much as sniffs...its going back, bearing in mind I bought my first 1 a week ago - if yours is not working send it back NOW. Save yourself the hassle. My replacement is doing ok at the moment (fingers crossed - not touched firmware either but will do of anything happens)

I tried all sorts with my first box, manual channel selection, 20MHZ / 40MHZ, different security, buying a TP-LINK adapter and it would still freeze, BETA firmware or standard - if its acting up dont think twice and get your money back.

If your speed is throttling that could be a number of things like the router location, settings, other appliances, size of your house...anything. But I guess I dont need to tell you that. I bought a TP LINK repeater to eliminate black spots and that throttled my 60MBPS connection to 20MBPS.... until I moved it under my bed!!! - I wouldn't bother messing about though as it still sounds like you have the reboot issue despite that.

But Speedski...I genuinely understand your frustration...stuff like this makes me not sleep for some reason, I have to get it fixed.
Options
2012-11-22 20:16:26
Hi guys, sadly the beta won't fix things.
With the firmware "wr1043nv1_en_3_13_11_up(120905)BETA" I noted the web interface crashed after 3 days. Now I have about 5 days uptime.
But, you'll never know when it's going to leave you down.
Options
2012-11-22 20:20:45
What is the version of your router V1.8 or v1.9?
Appears to be strongly influenced by the version

Site Administrators:
Any response to these problems?
Is there a new beta firmware?

See previous message
Options
2012-11-22 21:57:34

rumburake wrote

Hi guys, sadly the beta won't fix things.
With the firmware "wr1043nv1_en_3_13_11_up(120905)BETA" I noted the web interface crashed after 3 days. Now I have about 5 days uptime.
But, you'll never know when it's going to leave you down.

rumburake:
What is the version of your router V1.8 or v1.9?
Appears to be strongly influenced by the version

see:
http://forum.tp-linkru.ru/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=18
Since I do not understand Russian, but with an automatic translator well understood.
The Russian friends have experienced many similar problems

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb...hp?f=11&t=2270
Transcribe:
Hello UsernameTaken
I also have TL-WR1043ND 1.8, i started with Gargoyle because for me oryginall firmware was freezing every few days. On russian forum it appeared there are many, hundrets of people had same problem that i got. So i try to search something different. DD-WRT didn;t work well, Gargoyle was better, but had some problems, that finally looks gone, and it works fine for me.

Site Administrators:
Any response to these problems?
Is there a new beta firmware?

See previous message
Options
2012-11-23 00:03:59
I've also tried a new beta firmware "wr1043nv1_en_3_13_11_up(120905)", but my router's web interface crashed after 1 day. HW version of my router is 1.8.
Options
2012-11-23 03:48:33
Yeah I am getting pretty nervous about all the complaints for this router. I have a replacement and it seems to be working ok but I am concerned TP LINK are just not up to it. I mean routers have been around a long time, how difficult is it?

I am tempted to upgrade my firmware to the latest BETA just to see if it will affect it, I want to know if something is wrong with it - better for it to happen now than later.

Administrators.....do you have nothing to say about this? Other than making sure we don't install open source firmware, is there any help here? Maybe your already aware of these issues, some communication on this would be good.
Options
2012-11-27 12:55:26
guys
i tried this beta firmware, it works! :D
further test will be finished after several days.
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?1492-BETA-firmware-for-TL-WR1043ND-which-fixed-web-interface-dies-after-a-few-days&region=china
Options
2012-11-27 19:47:08
Hello Cake:
1).- How many days have you tried the beta firmware?
2)._Do you see the bridge function?
3)._ Any idea when the final version comes out? and Comes with IPv6?

I've tried two other firmware:
Israel
http://www.tp-link.com/il/support/download/?model=TL-WR1043ND&version=V1

Failed after 30 minutes: SYS LED on permanently, without internet access or web interface

Singapour:
http://www.tp-link.sg/support/download/?model=TL-WR1043ND&version=V1

Failed after 3 days: I access web interface, but no internet
File:
a2.jpgDownload
Options
Related Articles