MFP software working for Windows 8

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-11-13 23:10:39
Region : Netherlands

Model : TL-PS310U

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : not sure

ISP :

Hello,

I recently upgraded Windows 7 pro to Windows 8 pro.

A side effect was that an older (other brand) printserver did not work anymore.

I therefore bought a TPlink PS310U printserver because of compatibility with my printer, a Samsung-SCX4200 and the use of a LPR printmode with Windows 8, according to information on the TPlink support site.

With use of the MFP software, Windows 8 crashes every time the printserver loses connection with the Samsung. During the brief use of the MFP software I could perform several (preview) scans via the connected Samsung SCX-4200. So the MFP software does work in/with Windows 8 up to a point.

But finally I ended up removing the MFP software in Windows 8, because of certain crashes the MFP software produces. These crashes in Windows 8 occur when the printserver loses connection with the connected Samung SCX-4200 or when I manually try top stop the MFP software in Windows 8 while there is a link with the Samsung SCX-4200.

I have tried the two latest MFP versions and also tried Windows 7 compatibility mode, this approach did not help.

For now I can only use the printer part of my Samsung printer and I would like to be able to use the scanning part also.

Long story short; when will the MFP software become compatible for use with Windows 8?
Options
2 Reply
Re:MFP software working for Windows 8
2012-11-14 12:13:26
It is said that next month TP-LINK will release the MFP software which will be compatible with win 8.
Options
Windows 8?
2013-06-19 17:23:41
Has there been any progress getting Windows 8MFP software for the PS310U?

Thanks
D
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 531

Replies: 2