very slow shared storage transfer speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-11-17 06:51:55 - last edited 2021-07-20 06:50:35
see wr2543ND
Options
4 Reply
Re:very slow shared storage transfer speeds
2012-11-18 08:26:16
Mine is about 550KBps (4.4Mbps). It is a normal speed because of big difference in processors of ordinary PC and wr2543ND.
Ordinary PC---2.0GHz
TL-WR2543ND---400MHz
Options
2012-11-18 11:28:23
Hello Mavis, I'm not sure if that is the case. I can stream over the network a very high quality full hd movie of which the bitrate I measured it with VLC and is at least 10Mbps - frequently hitting rates of 15Mbps or more. So the limiting on average 1MB/s I am getting seems rather weird on writing. With the ftp server things seem a bit better with around 4MB/s but it completely loses the point of having a shared storage if the bitrate is that low. I am probably calling TPLing helpline and if that is the case I will be returning the router. There is no point of advertising it as a gigabit router while the transfer rates are ridiculously low - no matter what is connected (I know I am not going to get 1gbps on the Hhd but at keast something close to the usb2transfer rates of 20-25MB/s should have been enabled)
Options
2012-11-20 16:09:55
:confused:as far as i know, the advertising "gigabit router", the gigabit refers to the LAN port, not the USB port.
Options
2013-01-06 05:38:49
Hi,

I am having the same issue, writing speeds around 0.6 Mbps for smb transfers, 1.2 Mbps for ftp, regardless of using wifi or wwired connection and using usb pendrives or hard drives.

Editing even simple text files directly in the shared USB is difficult since the aplication stalls due to the share latency...

Is this really the best we can expect from the device?
I don't see much of a point in featuring something working this bad, it only makes you look quite bad :(

johnD
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1061

Replies: 4

Related Articles