Does the PS-310U support multi function printer ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-11-23 00:06:09
Region : Greece

Model : TL-PS310U

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I recently changed my wifi 510u with the 310U and i need to know if it supports my multi-function printer. I connected it with my Epson Stylus BX305F printer via TCP/IP and it prints fine. But i cant get the scanning software to run with it. Also i need to connect 2 extrernal HDD with it via a usb hub, do you know what is the procedure ?

thank you,

philip

p.s. i think epson has some sort of network drivers, do you know if they help and how to use them ?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Does the PS-310U support multi function printer ?
2012-11-23 14:59:54
Seems that your printer is not in their compatibility list.
http://www.tp-link.com/Resources/document/TL-PS310U_Compatibilitylist_20.pdf
So there maybe some problem in using it.
when you run the scan software on your PC, no error message ?
Can you find your HDD in the above list ??? if not, then you know the result.
You can have a look at the user manual of the 310 here:
http://www.tp-link.com/resources/software/2009217102829.PDF
Options
2012-11-28 00:21:10
herman thank you for your answer. i have looked at both the compatibility list and the manual before i posted.

so, i updated the firmware of the printserver and now the MFP and storage server software runs perfectly.
Before the firmware update it could scan my printer and my hdd, but when i tried to connect to either the printer or the hdd it would say something like cannot connect... error....
Now after the firmware update, it connects perfectly to both my printer and my hdd. Also, as soon as i connect to the hdd via the software, it appears in my computer and the drive becomes manageable.
Finally something also new is that when i connect to my printer via the software, in device manager (windows 7 x64) under other devices a scanner pops up with the yellow exclamation mark.. so i am trying find a separate driver to install but i cant get it to work... any ideas...

thank you,
Options
2012-11-29 01:24:16
So just to answer my own question, today i managed to install the correct drivers for the printer and separately the scanners (although its the same machine).
So the 310U is compatible with my epson stylus BX305F although its not mentioned in the compatibility list.:cool:
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 708

Replies: 3