Problem connecting USB adapter to modem/router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-06-11 16:44:22
Region : NewZealand

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

First up apologies as model number is incorrect, and I might be posting in the wrong sections!

I have TP-Link TD-W8960N 300Mpbps Wireless modem router which initially was connected to my desktop via Ethernet. I bought a TP-Link TL-WN822N USB adapter
so I could move the desktop into the living room.

The USB adapter has plug and play for Win 8, which is on the desk top. I can see the strong signal from the modem/router and connect following the instructions. I get a connected message, but have no internet.

I assume this is something to do with the fact that machine was initially connected via Ethernet?

I can access the net using my laptop and smart phone via the Wifi.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Oh - the message I get is "doesn't have valid IP configuration. Do I need to go into 192.168.1.1 and do something?

Thank you.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Problem connecting USB adapter to modem/router
2013-06-12 21:52:55
Check the wireless card IP settings on your win8 PC, is it obtained by DHCP ? What is the IP address ?
Options
Re:Problem connecting USB adapter to modem/router
2013-06-13 02:09:37
Thank you for your response. I disabled the Ethernet connection and the adapter worked, unfortunately I couldn't log back here at that time to advise this.

Solution obtained thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 599

Replies: 2

Related Articles