Wireless lockup (or is it the whole box?)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-11-28 17:53:55
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : v1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : Spain

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : v1

Firmware Version : 3.13.12 Build 120405 Rel.33996n

ISP : BT - Arrakis

Hello all,

I am currently using my TL-WR1043ND only as a switch/Wireless Access point, because I have problems with the communication with the modem, which I will explain in another thread.

Every now and then, during the night, the System light (second from left) stops blinking and stays out. Wireless does not accept new connections from known clients, but clients which stayed connected overnight seem to have no problem. After a power cycle, everything is normal again.

I am not sure if wired connections are possible when this happens. Next time I will take the time to make a cable connection to my laptop.

I think the firmware is current, although the version numbering is not entirely clear.

Anyone any idea's

Thanks in advance,

Bart
Options
9 Reply
Re:Wireless lockup (or is it the whole box?)
2012-11-29 10:49:38
HI Bart

TP-Link released a beta firmware which is supposed to fix the router cannot be accessed after a few days. I am not sure
if this has something to do with problem you are having. Based on your description, you are referring to the SYS LED.
Normally it must be blinking all the time. This ensures that the router is working properly.

Kindly try using the beta firmware TP-link posted on their thread for the TL-WR1043ND and see if the problem will be solved.
Options
2012-11-29 18:24:51
Thanks! I will try it and report back.

Bart
Options
2012-12-01 03:57:36
I've looked in the forum for the link to download the beta myself...can't seem to find it.
Options
2012-12-01 04:36:39

wgbeatty wrote

I've looked in the forum for the link to download the beta myself...can't seem to find it.

The link is here:
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?1492-BETA-firmware-for-TL-WR1043ND-which-fixed-web-interface-dies-after-a-few-days&region=china
Options
2012-12-01 08:31:38
Te confirmo la información anterior, yo tengo un wr1043nd v1.8 y con la ultima version de firmware se congelaba y quedaba el led de sys prendido permanentemente.
Con el "beta firmware" anterior , llevo muchos días (20) sin inconvenientes.

I confirm the above information, I have a WR1043ND v1.8 and the latest version of firmware froze and left sys LED permanently lit.
With the "beta firmware" above, took many days (20) smoothly.
Options
2012-12-04 06:28:50
I installed the beta version of the firmware for the WR1043ND. After less than 2 days of operation the router locks up exactly as with the previous version. The SYS LED stops blinking, no wired or wireless communication, no access to the web interface for configuration. Has anyone had similar experience with the beta firmware ?
Options
2012-12-04 06:42:50

avryw wrote

I installed the beta version of the firmware for the WR1043ND. After less than 2 days of operation the router locks up exactly as with the previous version. The SYS LED stops blinking, no wired or wireless communication, no access to the web interface for configuration. Has anyone had similar experience with the beta firmware ?

Hellow:
Do any more data on your router?
What type of connection?
Region?
What version is your router?
V: 1.8, 1.9?
I'm from Argentina.
My version is 1.8
My connection is dynamic
In my case, it is going well
Options
2012-12-04 07:12:31
Hi jorgecorazondeleo,

the WR1043ND is connected via a cable modem to the internet, with dynamic IP. The region is Canada, and the HW version is 1.8.
I noticed that when the wireless is of it works OK (both firmware versions). Unfortunately I bought this router because I needed a wifi router and I'm disappointed.
I'll give it another try before reconsidering this purchase.
I'm glad to hear it works for you. Hopefully it coninues this way with no problems.
Cheers, A.
Options
2012-12-04 07:54:04
Maybe, to operate the wireless, temperature increases....
I also took 6 days with the wireless on and has not failed.
I hope some site administrator answers your concern
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 867

Replies: 9