TL-WR740N can not get Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-10-11 11:43:05
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : not sure

ISP : Talk Talk

Hi, all. My network is like this:
ISP TalkTalk---ADSL modem-----TP-LINK TL-WR740N---Windows XP computer.
I have configured the device by running the CD but it says failed to verify.Then I tried to refers to Quick Installation Guide (Manual) , there have offer a address 192.168.1.1 to go to web based quick setup wizard. But this site is not available.Other Wi-Fi devices are catching its signals even they are getting connected to it after enter the set up password and username but internet access has not been made so far. So is there anybody can help me
Options
5 Reply
Re:TL-WR740N can not get Internet
2012-10-11 16:32:32
I heard that some TP-LINK router IP address is 192.168.0.1 or http://tplinklogin.net. Maybe you can have a try.
1. Please make sure your computer and router, modem are connected correctly, modem to the WAN port, computer to one of yellow port.
2. Make sure your computer's DHCP has been enabled.
3. Check your computer's IP address. For Windows XP, please go to Start-->Control Panel-->Network connections-->Local Area Connection-->Double click on it and then go to Support-->Details. Check what is the default Gateway. The gateway is the router's IP .
4. Then use this IP address to log into the TP-LINK settings page.
Options
2012-10-12 12:51:01
I did login to the 192.168.1.1 page this time. And try to configure it with WAN --->PPPOE/ Russia PPPOE or Dynamic IP. I did not know why this have Russia function. I put in all my username and password from TalkTalk but I did not get any IP address and still no Internet Access.
Options
2012-10-12 14:42:58
Have you put your username and password into TalkTalk modem and get Internet directly? If you did, then please select WAN-->Dynamic IP and go to LAN-->change the IP address to 192.168.2.1 and then save. This should work. If you need to dial up on your computer when you connect to talktalk modem, then select PPPOE and save. Hope you can get your router work now.
Options
2012-10-12 17:16:52
Thank you so much!!!It is working now. I followed your first instruction to change the LAN ip address and then it is working. Thank all of them.
Options
Problem connect / get internet
2014-05-13 17:41:28
I have problem with my router.
My house internet connect using dynamic IP.
Every time i using my router wifi (TL-WR740N) to get internet access from my modem , i need to clone my MAC address from my laptop. it works fine.
But if i shutdown everything and start again my router wifi cannot keep the information DNS address, IP address , all the configuration.
All address is 0.0.0.0 . because of this i cannot connect to internet.

What i do, to reset again the router and setting again by clone with my laptop Mac address.
Please help me to solve my problem with my router.

Thanks
Win
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 841

Replies: 5

Related Articles