Archer AC1900 (VR900) - Unable to get over 100MB download on FTTP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-11-08 12:29:55 - last edited 2018-11-08 15:59:31

HI,

Hoping someone here can help me, I recently upgraded from an 80/20 FTTP service to 160/30 and discovered that my curent router did not have Gigabit Ethernet ports but were limited to 100MB

I purchased the above router to solve this problem but this has not resulted in success as I still am unable to get any higher

I have tested the BT Fibre ONT directly by creating a PPPoE connection and have confirmed that 160MB is being received by the Fibre router and this was done with my PC connected with the correct Cat 5E cable and a NIC that supports gigabit connection speeds.

Now by conecting the same cabling from the fibre ONT to the LAN4 Port on the above router and configuring it in Wireless Router Mode and creating the same PPPoE connection and then connecting to my PC by another Cat 5e cable, I can not get the higher speed.

Can anyone confirm what the root cause is please, as to me it is pointing to a problem with the Router/Ethernet Port  or a setting I am unaware of.

Please can anyone help me?

Regards

Red

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 408

Replies: 0