Archer C1200 Connection Drops as soon as Archer C20i WDS APs connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-11-13 08:58:53

Hi All,

I have a rather ordinary network topology where I have my main router- a C1200 connect to the WAN while I have an older Archer C20i/ AC750 configured as a WDS AP.

I have two problems here.

1. Every now and then, as soon as the routers are power cycled, I find any connections to the network drops as soon as the C20i also joins the network. I know the connection drops on the devices are caused by this AP joining the network as if I switch off the AP, all devices stay connected to the network normally. If this WDS AP goes back up online, all devices keep connecting, dropping and keep connecting in a continuous loop without any end in sight. This problem occurs about once every 2-3 days. The only thing I could think of is the channels. The WDS setup in AC750 required me to point it to specific channels while the ones on my C1200 remains Auto. Any thoughts on why the connections drop only when the AP goes online and that too sporadically? These settings serve me very well for most part without any disruptions.
  2. I have an older HP Deskjet printer connected to the AC750 and use the USB Print utilitiy to remote print from across the network (when the connections work well). I'm able to discover, connect and use the printer from most devices (Windows 10 notebooks) except one. This Windows 10 device is a work notebook that while already has the printer drivers installed, the USB Printer Utility fails to discover any devices on the network. I check if the printer is disconnected from any other device after use. Any thoughts on what could be blocking this discovery?

Any thoughts/pointers are much appreciated!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 398

Replies: 0

Related Articles