I have two TL-WR940N 300Mbps routers bridged (LAN-LAN), but the second router can't get GMT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I have two TL-WR940N 300Mbps routers bridged (LAN-LAN), but the second router can't get GMT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-11-15 07:27:07

I have two TL-WR940N/TL-WR941ND routers bridged through LAN ports on each other. The problem is that anytime I have to restart the second router it loses the current date and time. When I press the button "Get GMT" it shows the following error:

Error code: 5028
Get GMT unsuccessfully, make sure that you have already connected to Internet.

I appreciate any help on this issue. Many thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:I have two TL-WR940N 300Mbps routers bridged (LAN-LAN), but the second router can't get GMT
2020-08-14 21:02:17

@agustinlrb 

I have the same problem with two TP links in series.   Everything works except the time if the router is power cycled.  If the 2nd router is connected straight to the internet, it gets NTP tie. When behind the first router, it does not. 

Options