Ignored firmware update message now unable to update. Advised to re-setup system :(

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ignored firmware update message now unable to update. Advised to re-setup system :(

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-11-29 08:54:44 - last edited 2018-11-30 09:09:42

Whilst travelling recently the deco M5 app notified of a firmware upgrade.

Because I was away on business I ignored the update,. Now back home the deco app wrongly says there is no update available when i press 'update deco.'

I spoke to technical support here in Australia and they advised I have to reset/resetup the entire system to get the updates. Now that's a real pain as I've got address reservations, portforwarding, and labels set up for all devices etc etc

Just wondering if there are any other views on if there is another way to solve this ? 

Edit:

The reset didn;t work

Another call to TPlink support suggested trying a new phone (didn't work) and then swapping the decos around  to make one of the satellites the new main unit. After resetting, that worked! All now updated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ignored firmware update message now unable to update. Advised to re-setup system :(
2018-12-17 10:36:24
Cool
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 458

Replies: 1

Related Articles