Lose connection to Chromecast. Deco M9 plus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-16 09:00:48

I've now had my M9 mesh system for 2 weeks and I've been having some issues with my Chromecast. Issues I didn't have before with my ASUS Router and Linksys range extender. 

It keeps losing connection and I have to hit the cast button again. Sometimes that work and connection is restored, but most of the time my Chromecast isn't even available on the network. When opening the Home app it says Chromecast not available. After waiting for some time, anything from 5-30 minutes, all of a sudden it's available again. 

It seems like Chromecast has an issue with DHCP, but it doesn't look like I can disable this without changing the Deco to Access mode instead of Router mode. 

Does anyone have an idea on how I can fix this?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Lose connection to Chromecast. Deco M9 plus
2018-12-17 00:18:53

Interesting...I've had similar dropout issues with google devices, in particular google homes and hub. I had this with the Orbi mesh router  as well before I switched to the Deco M5. 

So even though you have an M9, maybe it's a similar thing....

I am quite confident that my issue was when the google device was positioned kindof half way inbetween pucks/satellites and there was swapping between 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands...I solved this for the troublesome devices by turning on the guest wifi and then disabling 2.4 ghz on that (i need the 2.4 ghz on the main ssid). Then I setup the devices to be on the 5ghz only guest network and the drop outs went away.

At least that maybe something you can try.

Options
2018-12-18 06:32:09

Strange, I've 3 Google Home devices and 3 chromecast, and the connection until now is stable as a rock with 3 Deco M9 Plus units: I, and my family, use them everyday.

Options
Re:Re:Lose connection to Chromecast. Deco M9 plus
2018-12-27 20:17:42

Yes, strange I agree. Just to update, as few days ago i swapped the culprit google hub back to the main ssid and turned off guest wifi. No issues at all since then. 

Originally I used the same SSID name on the old orbi setup when i setup the Deco. Perhaps there were some Orbi bugs hanging around still !

Anyway, all good now. 

Perhaps the OP should disconnect the troublesome devices and re connect to the wifi again.

Options
2019-08-21 01:46:22
same issue I'm having
Options
2020-02-16 13:03:17

@rookie7799 

I had the same problem but rebooting the entire Deco system seems to have sorted it out.

Options
2020-04-26 20:48:28

@mellowism having the same issue here. It's very odd. Will post if I work out what to do about it. 

Options
2020-04-26 20:51:01
Wondering - what version of Chromecast are you using? Mines a 1st gen so using 2.5ghz. Wondering if it’s that.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 4692

Replies: 7