Archer T6E - After driver is installed PC freezes every time i boot until i remove the driver

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer T6E - After driver is installed PC freezes every time i boot until i remove the driver

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-17 15:36:48

As stated in the title;

I just bought your archer t6e networking pci-e adapter and installed it as you instructed.

After i installed the drivers provided on the webpage, my windows 7 64-bit crashes, and has to be hard restarted.

(holding down the powerbutton until the pc shuts off). When i try to reboot, it freezes and i am not able to use the PC.

However, if i run the OS in safemode it works fine(i suspect this is because the driver is disabled in safemode). When i uninstall the driver, and reboot, it works fine again.

Ive tried to install the drivers provided by you, also tried the windows install, with the same negative results im afraid.

Is this a recurrent problem? and do you know if this is fixable?

Ive been reading around the googles, and the people that has the similar problems usually come to the conclusion that your network pci-e adapter is just unusable with some motherboards and there seems to be no fix for my problem.

Are your drivers just bad? or is it something wrong with my OS?

best regards

Sondre

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer T6E - After driver is installed PC freezes every time i boot until i remove the driver
2018-12-18 05:53:49

Hi Sondre

According to the current information, this problem might be a compatibility issue between the PCIe adapter and your computer or motherboard. I have two available methods for you to try if you don't mind. One is to adjust the output power of the adapter. Please go to adapter's Properties > advanced, and change the option, Power Output, to a lower value or you could dismantle antennas. The other is to uninstall or remove Adapter and have the computer LAN connect to Modem or Router then install Windows update first without TP-LINK Adapter. After the Windows update is installed successfully then reinstall again the TP link adapter. Hope these would be helpful.

What’s more, as this is a compatibility issue, we also strongly suggest you to contact the support team of your computer or motherboard. And to check if they have any suggestion or solution.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2823

Replies: 1