TL-WA850RE in AP Mode - Maximum 8 connected devices - is that it?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-19 03:23:22 - last edited 2018-12-20 07:06:56

Hi guys, wondering if anybody can help me with this issue.
I have my TL-WA850RE set up as an access point (it is hard wired to my existing D-Link router) which works absolutely brilliantly - apart from the fact I can only connect up to 8 devices at once. I read somewhere this might be down to the wifi channel the router is using interfering with other channels and limiting connectivity - anybody have an ideas if this is the case? I'm not exactly fantastic with networking so I'm quite sure there must be an easy-ish solution.

Cheers
Ry

Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-WA850RE in AP Mode - Maximum 8 connected devices - is that it?
2018-12-19 09:05:55
How many devices can you connect to your router at the same time?
Options
2018-12-21 20:38:06

Pas de connixion

Options
2018-12-23 15:26:23

I'm experiencing the same issue - not sure why it's limited to 8. It's not stated anywhere in the documentation and there is no mention to correlation to channel or speed settings. 

rybotnik wrote

Hi guys, wondering if anybody can help me with this issue.
I have my TL-WA850RE set up as an access point (it is hard wired to my existing D-Link router) which works absolutely brilliantly - apart from the fact I can only connect up to 8 devices at once. I read somewhere this might be down to the wifi channel the router is using interfering with other channels and limiting connectivity - anybody have an ideas if this is the case? I'm not exactly fantastic with networking so I'm quite sure there must be an easy-ish solution.

Cheers
Ry

Options
Re:Re:TL-WA850RE in AP Mode - Maximum 8 connected devices - is that it?
2018-12-23 18:01:11

Stesso problema e non riesco a connettere più di tanti dispositivi punto utilizzo interruttori tipo sonoff per la Smart House anche se questi non sfruttano quasi per nulla il download...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1181

Replies: 4