Deco M5 problem when trying to connect with second Deco M5 (red light)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-20 05:00:38 - last edited 2018-12-20 07:03:31

My deco m5 is working well until i try to connect a second deco m5. I use the apps to configure the additionnal deco. The light is first yellow, then after a while, turns red (first deco still green, second is red).

There is about 5 meters between the 2 deco.

i have tested the modem, works well.

also, the wifi seems slower with the router even when there is only one thing runing (Apple TV). Should be 10mps for download and it was around 6 when tested.

we first thought it was broken. Spoke with the support team, (the light of the second deco flashed red then we couldn’t use either of them, both red). Went for exchange it and now still not working (the light wouldn’t flash but is red).

Help!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M5 problem when trying to connect with second Deco M5 (red light)
2018-12-20 08:58:33

If the main Deco is still green, it should work even though the 2nd deco is red. 

Did you reset the 2nd deco? Push the reset button underneath for 1s to reset it. Wait unitl the light turns blue then you can configure it.

Options
Re:Re:Deco M5 problem when trying to connect with second Deco M5 (red light)
2018-12-23 14:27:21
Yes i have try the reset button, the apps would tell me it doesn’t find deco after few trys ending with a red light (not flashing red, only red). Then i did reset button + unplug deco (2nd deco only, never the main one) so the apps would allows me to go throught the steps for configuration. But at the end it would never go blue only yellow then red.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 problem when trying to connect with second Deco M5 (red light)
2018-12-25 10:58:47
Please reboot the 2nd deco. The LED will show yellow at first, wait for about 5 seconds, then press the RESET button in bottom and then release quickly, wait for a second and then repeat the press-release operation for 5 times. After that, check if the LED will turn blinking blue (configuration mode).
Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 problem when trying to connect with second Deco M5 (red light)
2019-01-12 19:20:14

I have the sma issue. Looks like the device is deflect and needs to be changed.

Options
Re:Deco M5 problem when trying to connect with second Deco M5 (red light)
2021-05-13 17:04:28

@Anton L.Z. 

Reset with the button underneath sorted mine out after new internet provider.

Thank you for this info

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4358

Replies: 5

Related Articles