Deco M5 Firmware 1.2.4 Parental Control Bed Time defect?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-20 12:47:47

Hi all,

Got an issue with the 1.2.4 firmware and I'm wondering if anybody can please help me by reproducing it?

3 Deco M5 v2 units. Firmware version: 1.2.4 Build 20181106 Rel.48798

Parental controls: Create 4 user accounts:

• 1 Adult - No bed time
  • 1 Teen - 10pm bed time
  • 1 Pre-teen - 9pm bed time
  • 1 Pre-teen - 8pm bed time

Assign at least one device (tablet/phone etc) to each account.  Leave some devices unassigned to accounts.

Desired outcome: Adult and unassigned devices never go offline at bed time, Teen/Pre-teen devices go offline at assigned bed times.

Results here over the last 5 nights (don't think it happened before that)

• ALL assigned devices (including adult) go offline at the earliest defined bed time (8pm).  Not yet sure about unassigned devices.  Will test and update this thread later.
  • Reboot the 3 deco units and the Adult devices connect and start working again (the child devices correctly remain offline).

Assumption: I'm guessing that there is a programming defect in 1.2.4 and that the bedtime routine of the earliest Profile is being applied to all assigned devices.

Request: Can somebody try this on their Deco M5 units and let me know if you also get the problem where 1 bed time affects all assigned (maybe unassigned) devices?

Many thanks!

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Firmware 1.2.4 Parental Control Bed Time defect?
2018-12-20 16:55:21

just tested on mine,  adult no restrictions, child bedtime in 5 mins time. 

come that time, tested on all and all worked as expected.  non registered devices worked ok too. 

firmware is 1.2.4 too

Options
Re:Re:Deco M5 Firmware 1.2.4 Parental Control Bed Time defect?
2018-12-20 17:04:26

Thank you thefunkygibbon!

I don't suppose you have enough devices lying around to test with more profiles and more devices... then let it run for a few days? 

In the case in question, we don't think it happened immediately.  It's almost like a leak... it works well blocking and unblocking things initially, then after a few cycles (a few days in our case), we think it started to just block everything after the first profile's bed time.

Really appreciate your help.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 Firmware 1.2.4 Parental Control Bed Time defect?
2018-12-20 17:42:47

well i've had it set up in a similar way tbh for a few weeks.  child account bedtime 11pm , an adult account with no bedtime.  and my devices which are not associated with an account.   

never had it happen before to me :( 

weird. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 Firmware 1.2.4 Parental Control Bed Time defect?
2018-12-20 19:25:28

That really does add to the wierdness.  I've set up dozens of Deco meshes in various houses and haven't come across this before, so I assumed it was a 1.2.4 thing. 

Thanks ever so much for taking the time to reply though!

Options
2018-12-20 21:42:11

thats ok.  wish these forums were more alive :-( 

Options
2018-12-25 10:50:20 - last edited 2018-12-25 10:54:07

When it comes to that Adult devices go offline at bedtime set in Pre-teen profile, please try to add a new unassigned device into the Adult profile, then check if the newly added device will go offline or not.

Also we recommend to delete the current Adult profile, then create a new one and check if the issue persists in this case.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1315

Replies: 6