WR802N Why use client mode and not hotspot mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-26 17:19:45

I have version 4.  firmware

I set it up in hotspot mode because I needed the ethernet wired to a device that has to transmit data over the internet.

I use my phone hotspot as the wifi that the wr802n connects to.   I can connect my computers to that wirelessly or wired.

It works fine.  If I am on a public wifi I use the phone hotspot to connect whenever I have to enter passwords etc.  Then I switch

back to the public wifi.  I don't have any problems with the phone hotspot.

Tech support told me I should use client mode.  I haven't tried that yet.  What will client mode do for me?

Tech support gave me a link to a new firmware upgrade.   What does the new firmware do better than ver 4.

Unless I know what its going to do different my view is "if it aint broke don't fix it"

Options
1 Reply
Re:WR802N Why use client mode and not hotspot mode?
2018-12-27 07:18:36

Hi Mate,

Client mode is to wirelssly connect to from part and then provide hardwired connection to your computer,tv or other connection.

I want to know if the public wifi need password to connect or not, for public Wi-Fi, it mihgt be some special settings, which will block this kind of connection.

Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 628

Replies: 1